Something about this post (the title and thus the URL, I guess) made it so half my readers could not access it. So I replaced it with an exact duplicate here. I am leaving this here as a placeholder for those who do navigate to it, but deleting the duplicate content.
Please support this page by donating to my Patreon
My Patreon page is here. Please help me keep providing this public service. Becoming a patron also entitles you to premium science lesson content available only at that page.
And thanks again to those of you who have already done this.
- “Vaping is a gateway” claims (again, sigh) and a mousetrapping metaphor for deconfounding
- Sunday Science Lesson: Bad categories, bad science
- Anti-THR, anti-vaxx, disease denial, and the political science of institutional “knowing” of falsehoods
- “Reason(s) you vape” questions on surveys are generally stupid
- Tobacco Wars collateral damage: feature, not bug
Follow this blogYou can subscribe using one of the usual methods. Posts will be announced in the primary author's Twitter: @carlvphillips.
Tags"no evidence" "passive vaping" 95% ACS addiction AHA ALA ANR ASH-UK Bates big picture biomarkers Burstyn carcinogens CDC censorship chemicals chiiiildren citations classic COI comparative risk conjunction CTFK demonic possession Dutra economics Ellen Hahn environmental vapor ERS ethics EU FCTC FDA fundamental lies gateway Glantz Gratziou gutka Hecht innumeracy Kelvin Choi Legacy logic meta-analysis motives MRTP non sequitur NRT NYTimes outsource particulates peer review policy recommendations Popova press release RCTs second-order preferences self policing Siegel statistiLie ST variants Swedish Match toxicology trANTZlator Trump parallels UAthens UBath UCSF UKY UMN US govt vapor chemistry WHO why anti-THR?